14.2.07

Valentine's

Ok here is my view regarding valentine's day:

It sucks!

Enough about the argument that states that love shouldn't be celebrated on a single day and should be celebrated throughout the year.. I've been hearing it ever since I learnt about Valentine's Day.... lets talk about other stuff:

For single (or lonely) people, Valentine's Day is a constant reminder of their situation they are trying to ignore or forget or not ready to face.
It is also a reminder that time is running out and they should start doing something with their lives.

It's painful for people who spent the year before with a beloved one, and then lost that person for a reason or another.

It sucks for people who get along with everybody.. have loads of friends, but never a "special" person in their life..

It hurts for a single person whose all friends are married or hooked, and s/he spends the day alone.

It is stealing in the broad daylight:
A decent rose here in Kuwait on a normal day costs about 500 Fils (less than 2$US). However, on Valentine's Day, the same rose we are talking about costs over 2KD (over 6$ US).
This is what i call a rip off

I'm 23.. I've never done anything special on Valentine's Day
I got my first rose when I was 18. It was from a waiter at Chili's cos it was the restaurant's policy to give out roses to girls only. I was with my best friend on that day, but only I was the first-timer. To top it off, the rose was wilted.

My second and last rose was from my best friend Brian. He gave me my rose, and then he left to spend the rest of his day with his girlfriend. Well at least that rose wasn't wilted *sigh*

I still don't hate valentine's day.. I'm just irritated.
Who knows? maybe by next year, I will have a special one around, and won't have to complain anymore.
btw, this is what I told myself last year. But hope is what keeps us alive!

Hope that today was a great day for everyone who reads this.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i hear ya..

GraY FoX said...

i hope you do dear
i hope you do

Ihsan said...

Oh my V. day was perfect.....I got screwed up in an exam this morning.....It's freezing out there...I got contacted by a woman who is LITERALLY as old as my grandmother.....but I like older women though...howevere.. she actually looked like my grandmother...and she was ineterested in "having fun" with me tonight....

Anyway...there is always something good to happen...mine..was the half of a roasted chicken that I ordered and treaded myself with...yammi... who wants to have a date for the vday when we can have chicken...no strings attached...they don't talk, nag or ask for anything...yet, they are tasty....

Happy V. day Tamtam...inshallah next year you get to experience a true vday with a true v dude :D

infinit reality said...

thanks you, you said all, we do not need a day to love....

tamatem * said...

Sham in ashrafieh: God bless!

Gray fox: thanks for your kind wishes

Ihsano: I'm sorry to hear about ur messed up exam + elderly woman fantasizing you..
But I'm glad that your chicken fixed your mood... I know, the best part about it is that it appreciates your need for silence!! :D
Thanks for your kind wishes dear...

Dancing solo: nope! we don't..

Everyone: thank you for passing by :)