4.2.07

me and my intuition

I really should start believing in my intuition.. At least give it more credit

I really should start believing in my intuition.. At least give it more credit

The following situation happened more than once in the forum where I write:
Sometimes when I'm writing I get carried away and might end up writing something I don't wanna say. So I just rewrite it (thank God for the miracle of drafts and "undo")
When rewriting, I might halt at a word and think, maybe I shouldn't leave it.. Maybe I should write something else. This is what my intuition tells me.
However, being the hard-headed I am (i still haven't met any soft-headed person in my life yet btw), so yea instead of listening to my intuition, I just leave the word I stopped at, and post the comment as it is..
Once I start receiving comments on the post, at least one comment should be about that word I halted at!!
And most of time, I expect the nature of comment, and who would post it!

But I just don't stop!!

So why don't I start believing in my intuition?
Here is the reason:
Because whenever I give it a chance and start believing, it decides to fail me!
As if it is not up to that responsibility anymore and it freaks out once it is given that trust and doesn't know what to with it, so it just drops it and shatters it into pieces
Failing me.

Well, I can handle some stupid comments every now and then. I know which comments are to be given a smart answer and which shall be ignored.
And online u can always edit or undo or rewrite stuff
But in real life, you have to be witty enough to handle such comments.
Sometimes people say the nastiest things when they don't mean it. Especially when they r angry. And that tardy intuition always comes in while u r saying those words, when its too late.

No intuition, go to hell..
All I need is to be quick and smooth.. And that would do.

Note: I didn't proof-read my entry, so please be merciful

2 comments:

Omar the Royal Blue said...

The next time your intuition tries to tell you something, just stop ask yourself WHY I don't feel comfortable, WHAT are the issues that I'm trying to ignore, are they rational. Try to write your post as a draft and delay publishing it for few hours, or just leave it to the next day, and reread it with a refreshed mind.

tamatem * said...

thanks alot for the advice :)

cheers!