1.1.07

It's over

The last entry written in 2006.. and is published in 2007..
Was it crazy or what?

Just when I thought it was over, yesterday‘s news proved me wrong...
One of the biggest dictators in history was hanged to death yesterday.
Many people considered him to be a martyr...
I'm having some mixed feelings regarding that matter. The Iraqi-Kuwaiti war in 1990 got me emotional. I have witnessed the beginning, suffered the tension, and studied the results.
His hanging made me happy.. Even though it‘s the first day of eid and the date became a controversial issue.

I watched the footage of the hanging today..
Depressing.. Very
Felt sorry for him.. A mixture of sorrow and pity.

A new era has begun

So what else?
Yes.. This year was better than many other years, but compared to 2005, it wasn‘t all that good.
It wasn't a complete mess (I'm trying to stay positive here) but my social life isn't the way I really want it..
it‘s really hard to step back, and it‘s harder to know you are stepping back, and even harder to know that you can't do anything about it and have no hand in it.
I take partial responsibility of my situation. I didn't stand up for my wants and needs. it‘s probably the fear of rejection, or maybe I'm just a cowered, or maybe it‘s a hopeless situation.

But all I know is that I need to take a step to get out.
And that is my new year‘s resolution.

No comments: