1.11.07

Incremented Resolutions

I started blogging in November last year..
So far I have only 54 entries
I disconnected from June through September
What a shame!!
Well maybe it's because I don't have a certain purpose for this blog... and i treat it like a personal vent to display my complicated life on public...

Ok, I shall continue venting
At the end of January, I came up with something called "Incremented Resolutions". Something I thought would be very useful to fulfill my year's resolutions and not forget about them around the end of February and only remember them on December... something to keep me going and hoping.

It is working so well so far, I know no one is gonna read, but I'm writing them for me.. so here we go:
  • I have learnt accounting!!!!!! It's one of my greatest accomplishments so far considering how much I hated it in college. I know what its all about, I'm even considering enrolling in a CMA course! The problem is, only 1 institution in Kuwait offers it, and it's only a weekend course, and I don't like weekend courses cos weekends are not only rest time for me, but also for the instructors, and I don't think he/she are very happy to work on weekends...
    The institute will keep me posted if they offer any weekdays courses.. we will see about that.
  • The Ameen project for work is going well so far. a bit slow, but it's all because my boss is too busy and we barely have time to sit and work on it together.. but hopefully it will be all done before April next year when we have to do the inventories and the start of the new financial year of the company.
  • I can somewhat speak French right now, which has been a dream of mine since I was 5
    I took level 1&2 in Kuwait, from January till May. In the summer, I enrolled in a course in Damascus and took a placement test, and was eligible for level 4! at the end of the course, I was the second top student in my class although it wasn't very easy for me since I have skipped one whole level! That was another accomplishment for this year in my opinion...
    Right now, I'm searching for a good institute here to continue Frenching my way through, cos the one I used to study in only offers beginners' classes.

A few things that I wish I could accomplish but having some troubles with:

  • Reading!! I still can't get myself to read books from the beginning to the end, and I don't know why. I just can't finish them! I don't have the heart to sit with a thick book with small letters, or stare at a computer screen for hours to read.. It's frustrating..
  • Exercising: Although I am standing at 47 Kg right now, but I still need to work out a little to have some flexibility.. sitting on my ass all day long is not serving me well at all and it's really messing my physic..
    I need to find a gym, but it's really hard in this country for many reasons..
  • Buying a car: I have been wanting to have my own car since God knows when.. and it got worse after I got my driving licence 2 years ago. In June, I finally started the first phase of car shopping and looking at catalogues. But every time I set my mind on a car, my father starts planting obstacles out of the blue. Until it was summer time and we had to travel to Damascus, it's then when he said that we shall wait until October when all car dealerships will release the 2008 models..
    October has come and gone, and I still don't have my mind set on a car...
    I just hope I get it over with before the end of the year.

Relationships wise?
Long story.. will have a special entry for that one.. maybe by the end of the year.

For this month..
I have 4 things stuck in place that I need to resolve:

  • CMA course (depends on the institute)
  • French course (depends on me)
  • The car (depends on both dad and me)
  • Al-Ameen Project (depends on my boss and me)

2 months left till the end of the year..
better start resolving those resolutions very soon.

No comments: