11.11.06

I am a dreamer

A friend of mine once told me: "I feel like you are such a dreamer"
It was last year before my graduation.
I always knew that I was a dreamer... But never gave it much thought.
Moreover, I never thought it would be so severe someone would notice it.
I always thought that I managed it well

I then had to pause and think... what if I never dreamt?
What if dreaming never existed...
What if all people were just real and concrete...
What if we all were so straight forward, and so pragmatic, that even a thought of something abit far from real would be insane.. a taboo

I stopped dreaming for a while...
Gave my surreal life a break
Tried to define reality in my own terms
Didn't harm me so much to be real
But harmed me a great deal not to dream
Turned out it was the greatest gift I ever had
Who would reject an exit from fears? from life? from death? from hate? from love?

I died the day I stopped dreaming

Dreaming is for the weak... if you don't know where to stop
Dreaming is for those who have nothing to hold on to but their dreams
Dreaming is no taboo... it lifts you up and gives you the pleasure of the moment.. sets you up to a better mood.. to start fresh

I held on to my dreams...
Dreaming is a therapy

My greatest discovery of all is that it's ok to dream, as long as you have the right fix of reality along with it...
They complement each other
You can't survive without them both...

So my advice to you..
Stay real dreamer

No comments: