24.11.06

Final Act

(sound of knocking on the door)
He walked down the corridor to open the door.. he looked through the peephole to find that it's her, his best friend.

He gets a flashback of their last meeting, how he begged her to leave the man she was seeing because he knew the guys wasn't good enough for her, but couldn't explain why. He remembered how cruel she was to him and how she called him "selfish".
"He wants all the happiness for himself" that’s what she thought that day.

"Should I open the door?" he thought to himself.. He was aware that she is blinded by the affection she has for that new person her life. He knew that only he could see what was really going on, and he forgave her for what she said.It was late that night, she would never take the subway at this hour to go to anyone's house.. no matter what. This must be important.

In a glance, he opened the door.
"Hi!" she said in a low voice, as she stood there.. thinking.. "Am I doing the right thing?""Hey!" he gazed at her as she was stumbling in her thoughts.
"Can I come in?" she asked"Sure.." as he made way for her to pass in.

She sat on the sofa placed in the middle of the room. A coffee table was right in front of her.
"Coffee?" he asked
"Sure, please"
He placed the mug on the coffee table in front of her.
It was just the way she liked it. Black. No sugar, no cream.
"Thank you"

She stared at the mug.. as he stared at her, wondering what brought her at this hour… after all what happened the last time they met.
It was hard for him to hear the things she said. But what drove him to ask her to take such a radical step… to leave the man she was falling for, for no apparent reason. What if he was imagining things? What if he really was a good guy? Why does it hurt him so much now to see her with someone else? He had seen her with other men before, it didn’t affect him all that much…
He still can't justify his act

"I do love her and I do want her to be happy… I do love her… I do???
My childhood friend??" Always like a sister! Not really…
She knew his lifestyle. She knew he wasn’t the commitment type.She always loved him. But like a strong woman, she decided to move on.
That's why she chose the first man who passed by her life. Decided to completely fall for him. To remain faithful, and to forget.


Her long frizzy black hair was flowing on her back. A bit of it was covering her hazy eyes.She was dressed for an important event. A velvet brown skirt, a beige top, suede long boots, and a brown coat of the same length as the skirt.

"Look…" she said stuttering "I wanna apologize for all the nasty stuff I said to you the other day. I should have trusted you. I know you want the best for me… I was just lost and stunned that day, I just couldn't believe that you managed to say what you said"

He didn't say a word
"I know I had too emotional to think straight and that you were seeing things from a different angle. I only realized that now… You were right… he was a jerk and he was using me… exactly like you said…
I hope it's not too late… I know I don't wanna lose you also"
He still didn’t say a word.
She looked at him hoping that he would say something.
But he didn’t
Even more broken hearted, she grabbed her bag that she threw on the sofa earlier, stood up and said "Well I said what I wanted to say. My conscious is clean. I'd better leave now…" and stormed towards the exit.

"Are you hungry?" He said a bit loudly, hoping that it would stop her from storming off.
She stopped, and walked back in "What?"
"I'm gonna order a pizza, I'm a bit hungry. Do you wanna share?"She hesitated first… but she knew him way too well to say no"Sure… why not?"

He picked up the phone. "Hi, I would like to have one large pepperoni and cheese pizza…"

It only takes a moment for us to realize what's going on.

Pepperoni and cheese?
Black coffee?
An advice when no one else dared to confront her?

"It's gonna take 45 minutes"
She walked towards him in firm steps, with her eyes focused on his "Pepperoni and cheese? That's not your order"
"I feel like pepperoni and cheese tonight"
She approached more… so close.. and said in a very calm, firm voice "look me in the eye and tell me that you feel like pepperoni and cheese pizza… nothing more nothing less"
He stuttered… then he looked her in the eyes and said "I love you"
She backed off immediately… isn't that what she wanted to hear all along? Why does it feel so strange??As he was noticing her hesitation, and starting to feel so dumb for admitting his feelings, she threw her arms around him and passionately kissed him.

"What if it doesn’t work out?" he asked
"Oh don't worry! We already sound like an old married couple anyway"

"What about our friendship?""Too late to think about that now…"

They made their way to the bedroom *sex scene*(will refrain from writing due to excess cheesiness and lack of experience in the matter)

She lied back on his bed… she looked at him… she was happy
He sat up to light a cigarette
As she closed her eyes to see the future
He figured out the difference between making love and having a fling

No comments: