6.6.07

2 years ago

Exactly 2 years ago, I walked on a big stage in Shaikh Rashid's Hall, shook hands with Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashed Al Maktoom, CNN coorespondent Christiane Amanpour, President of AUD Dr. Lance DeMasi, and the Dean of Business School Dr. Jihad Nader. I was told Congratulations. And my moment was broadcasted on Dubai Satalite TV.

Exactly 2 years ago, I graduated.

I had 10 invitations to give away.. to invite the people I care about most to share that special moment with me.
I ended up inviting 3 people only, and the rest of the invitations... well.. i gave them back to the registrar's office cos I didn't need them
the 3 invitations were for the 3 people who hated wearing suites like crazy but still wore them to come to my graduation ceremoney. Brian, Bobby, Ismaiel... Thanks guys...

I couldn't invite people cos most of the people I know were already graduating, and the others got invites from other people...

It was hearbreaking to see people asking for extra 5 to 10 invitations because they wanted to invite as many people as they can, when I had to give up 7 invitations cos I didn't need them.
My friend's brother flew all the way from Canada just to attend the graduation.
My parents couldn't fly in from Kuwait because my siblings were in the middle of exams and couldn't be left alone.
It was such a horrible feeling to see everyone's families' waiting outside for their kids who make them proud.. to see everyone with someone... and to just watch.

My only consolation is that it the ceremoney was broadcased on tv and my family in Kuwait and Syria got to watch it. My parents even taped it to watch it as many times as they could.

It's really stupid of me just to remember the annoying stuff from my graduation.
I believe AUD was an important phase of my life.. reaching graduation was very important to me because it ment that I made it through... I made an achievement, when so many people were waiting for me to fall apart.

On a last note, the camera I had that day was a non-digital Canon Prima Super 115.
I used up a full roll that day. I still haven't developed the pictures though.
At the begining of the month, I tried to collect all the courage I have to confront myself and live the moment again, the good moment! but I chickened out and pretended to forget it.
It is well kept, so I don't think anything would happen to it.

I don't blame anyone for not reading through the whole thing.. it's really depressing only remembering the annoying things about such a happy day... but in order for me to let go, I need to open up and talk it out... and pray there would be someone who listens.

No comments: